Breast Lift in Miami/Broward
Breast lift is known as mastopexy in medical terms. It is the procedure that is done to lift and modify completely the shape of your breasts. Mastopexy is performed by a Plastic Surgeon Specialists who have the required skills and expertise to perform the breast lift procedure. The technique requires to remove the excess amount of tissue and repositioning the areola in order to reshape the breasts and lift them up to a new level. Many women think that breast lift can also increase or decrease the size of your breasts, however; that can be done if you choose to get breast reduction or augmentation done along with a mastopexy.
Women tend to go for breast lift if their breasts sag, nipples are pointing downwards or if their breasts are not at the same level. A fluctuation in weight can also change the shape of your breasts thus making them sag more than usual.
The plastic surgeon will determine through few steps that whether you can get a breast lift or not. It includes the following:
1. The size and shape of your breasts.
2. The position of areolas.
3. The size of your areolas.
4. The level and intensity of breast sagging.
5. The quality of your skin and its elasticity.
6. It also depends on the extra amount of skin you have near your breasts.
How Much Is A Breast Lift?
The average cost of getting a breast lift done might vary between different countries and cities. However, the price offered by Dolls Plastic Surgery that is located in Aventura, Florida, is starting $3500. It might be different as it depends on the patient needs an additional procedure or treatment.
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Breast Lift?
It is very important to determine whether you are a good candidate for a breast lift or not. There are several factors that needs to be considered before you can get your breast lift done. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. If you feel that your breasts have lost their shape and size then you are the perfect candidate to get mastopexy. Breasts tend to lose their shape and size after losing weight or giving birth. Your body tends to change after these two drastic changes in your life.
2. Women who feel that their nipples are facing downwards which is making the shape of their breasts look flat and elongated can also get breast lift. If you are confused about your look then you can consult the plastic surgeon as he will help you determine whether a breast lift can help you or not.
3. A stretched skin can make your breasts look less youthful and attractive. Getting rid of stretched skin and excess skin that is around your breasts can make you look more youthful and aesthetically appealing. The removal of excess skin can also make you feel comfortable especially when you dress up in a swimsuit or wear a bra under your everyday outfit.
4. Uneven breasts is another common factor that forces the women to get their breast lift done. If you look in the mirror and feel that your boobs are not at the same level then it is better to get it checked in order to determine whether breast lift is the right treatment for you. It will help you achieve breasts that are in proper shape and size.
5. Furthermore, it is very important for you to be in a good health before you go for such surgeries. The surgeons might inquire about factors that involve the family history of breast cancer, smoking, obesity or clotting of blood after minor or complex surgeries. Getting rid of such factors can help the plastic surgeon to avoid any further complications during the surgery.
What Is The After Care For A Breast Lift?
It is better to take care of yourself after any sort of surgery as your body is already weak after the intense procedure. In order to make sure that there are no future complications it is vital to follow after care steps. Following instructions might be given to you at Dolls Plastic Surgery after your breast lift.
1. Plenty of rest along with a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals should be a part of your routine.
2. Avoid smoking if you have a habit of it as it will lower down the pace of healing along with creating a lot of complications in the entire recovery time.
3. It is better to walk as much as you can as it will not only speed up the recovery process but will also make sure that there are no blood clots within your body.
4. Driving should be avoided for 3 consecutive weeks or until the doctor gives you a go ahead to drive. It can be dangerous and fatal as well especially if you are taking pain killers.
5. Lifting anything heavy should also be avoided as it is going to be detrimental for you and your body.
6. A 4 weeks complete rest is needed before you can resume your office work. Try to avoid stress related activities for 4 weeks or else you might end up having some serious complications.
7. Try to keep the area of your incision clean in order to avoid the chances of infection.
8. Keep your incision covered with the dressing prescribed by your plastic surgeon as it will speed up the healing process.
9. The incision should not be exposed to the harmful rays of the sun.
10. You might not feel any sensation in your nipples for some time so don’t worry if you experience it.
11. Wear a bra every day in order to support the new shape and size of your breasts.
How Long Is The Recovery For A Breast Lift Procedure?
The recovery time of breast lift can take up to 6 weeks for complete healing. However, the scars will take a lot of time to fade away. In most of the cases the stitches are removed within two weeks. However, it can also vary from person to person.
What Are The Complications For A Breast Lift?
Every type of surgery involves a lot of complications that needs to be taken care of before matters slip out of hands. The complications involves in a breast lift includes the following:
2. Loss of sensation in the nipples can either be for some time or they can be permanent.
3. Slow healing of the incision.
4. Accumulation of harmful or toxic fluid near the incision that can be dangerous as it can lead to infection.
5. Fatty tissue that is found deep inside the skin might die after the surgery is carried out.
Can I Finance My Breast Lift?
It is very easy to finance your breast lift as paying the cost in one go might be difficult for women who are not even earning that much money. Women take personal loans in order to get their breast lift, augmentation or reduction done.
What Type Of Anesthesia Is Used For A Breast Lift?
Every type of surgery needs an anesthesia as no one can bear the pain that one has to go through during a surgery. The entire area is numb so that the candidate does not experience excruciating pain. General anesthesia is used for surgeries like breast lift. It allows the surgeon to control the patient as the surgery is an invasive surgery.
Can I Fly After A Breast Lift Procedure?
Women can fly after a breast lift surgery but only if their first post-operative checkup is done. It is advised by the doctors to go for a flight or a vacation at least one week after the surgery is performed as your body needs to start its healing phase. However, it is better to avoid the change of environment till the wound has healed completely.
Can I Combine The Breast Lift With Another Procedure?
Breast lift can be added to procedures like breast augmentation or reduction. The doctor at Dolls Plastic Surgery, located in Aventura, Florida, will perform both of the procedures at the same time if the patient is willing to get it done.
If you find yourself asking the questions above, then continue reading this article to learn more about the Mastopexy and the wonders it can do for you.